Saturday 16 March 2013

"How General pype, Dipp and Tilla-man made me change my stage-name from Bobielevated to Bobie E"...... Exclusive Interview with singer Bobie-E

                                                    Everyone does what he or she feels he derives joy in doing, even when you are being critized, what matters most is the passion behind doing that. An English student of the University of Port-Harcourt is gradually climbing the ladder of fame despite the hills and rocks on the way. Ezekwe Kingsley Uche, known as Bobie-E hails from Abagana in Anambra state. He is one good singer who has got his own style and class. He does not accept impossibility, rather he always tells himself he can do everything he knows how to do.  This dude has been on my bbm list ever since I met him at the Headies, 2012, and I've been following every of his updates. He is full of courage and determination I must say. Bobie-E granted an exclusive interview to the Beautiful African blog.                                                      When did u start singing?I started singing in 2008. I've been singing since I was two. Infact, my aunt told me that when I came with my family for holidays in 1997 at port Harcourt,all I did was go out singing in the streets all to the amazement of passer- bys. She said I made a lot of adult friends then. As a child I sang for my mum whenever I sensed a foul mood. I started as a child singer but went Professional in 2008.



May I know more about your background?
 I am the first child of my parents. I have two siblings, a hard-working dad and a humble mum. I guess she's got the best heart out there. I hail from abagana in anambra state. Am a grandprince my grandpa(maternal) happens to be king. funny enough my great Grand-father(paternal) was the 1st king that ruled abagana in Anambra state. Am a royal blood, am Quite young, an English student of the university of Port Harcourt.

How did you come about your stage name?
 My real names are Ezekwe Kingsley Uche. People call me all sort of names. The 1st secondary school I attended everyone there called me Dj. they said im possessed by music. I changed a lot of names and later settled with Bobielevated. It was on the 13th of October, 2012 after attending a walk against domestic violence hosted by 'Yeancah', the pioneering VJ and Ambassador for the Pan-Africa Music Channel, Soundcity that I shortend my long name to Bobie E. I remember having a chat with General Pype at the event. I later met him,Dipp and tilla man that same day in shoprite, and dipp asked to know my name. When I told him I was Bobie Elevated,pype laughed and asked if that is my name and the name of my label joined together. he suggested I shorten the Elevated to just E. I thought about it and it made a lot of sense. Since then, I have found Bobie-E the best stage name for me.

What are the challenges you've encountered on your way to stardom?
 Like upcoming artistes performing alongside super stars.
Last year at Blaze blast in Anambra state where P'Square, Wande cole, Flavour and other acts performed. I was called to perform on stage, suddenly P'Square and other stars arrived. the radio station then cancelled everything for upcoming acts.

Who are your role models in the industry?
 I like P'square,I envy dbanj,olu-maintain, capital femi, but 2face is my role model. 
Bobie-E andYeancah
Bobie-E and General Pype
Are you under a management right now?
 No! Just runing my normal stuf 19bois records But I gat offers. Like last year I turned down a #10 million naira deal.

Why did you turn down a whole #10 million record deal?
 It's because they are not in lagos and its like a life contract. So I bounced it cause it an unloyal ass deal.

Is your family in support of your music career?
 It was really hard for me to convince my dad. My dad loves education alot and never wanted his first child a musician. At first my dad refused but I am a go- getter I don't let things like that disturb me. I used to sneak to studios, till I started performing in church and became so popular in my area. Now my Popsi is giving me all the support he can. I have gone real far and he knows.

Do you still sing in church?
 I never sang in church, I mean as a choir. I just perform during big christmas parties.

Do you get support from your friends?
 O yes like vester d' jukebox a versatile rapper in my team and his younger brother juvins who happens to be a mad skill footballer. these guys have contributed to my success, let me say their family and their extended family are like my fans. A whole lot of people, my class-mates too.

Are you in any relationship right now?
 Lol naaa........ Buh.......

Are you saying you don't have a girl friend?
 I am dating a London based Indian. How serious is the relationship?
I can't tell....she is really far from me.

So no girlfriend in Nigeria at the moment?
 Lots of Nigerian girls around me, even other countries through chat but I don't think I gat a 9ja gurl now just my x.

I must tell you you're a very handsome dude
 Thanks a lot.

How do you cope with admirations from ladies?
 Lol ehm..... *smiles* Let me go the remenise way..... *Sings* "Its too much" girls toast me and im shy and sometimes ashamed of them.

So how would you describe Bobie-E?
 #chukles The dance-hall ninja is just fun to be with, loves girls, loves money too and likes dealing on expensive things. I am a go- getter. I have never lacked a thing unless its gonna take a life to get. I'm a kind dude, not proud but kind of arrogant like some people say.

Differentiate between pride and arrogance
 Well, I will say that pride is a high or over bearing of one's worth or importance while arrogance can be of a person with attitude.

Words for your fellow youths who would love to do the same thing you are doing.
 Well, they should know that "odiro easy", meaning its not easy. Everyone wants to blow, everyone wants to be heard, both talented ones in this field and those who are not. I went for an audition sometime and over 250 artistes were there. I met people who had been respecting me online for the same thing I came for. At a point I couldn't bear it, someone working there had to take me in before them. The youth today all want to be musicians. It's now the dream of every Nigerian child. And its making the industry over-crowded. I advice that they do what they can or what they are called for. Like every profession has a call and its annointing. Find out what u can do, not just music.

Apart from General pype,tilla-man and dipp. Which other celebrity have you seen or been with?
 Ha! Seeing? Ok have seen all the nigerian celebrities. Yes! Have been with almost all the A-list artiste in nigeria. Such as wizkid, skales, paul-psquare, ice-prince, mi, capital femi, obiora-obiwon, olamide, dammy-krane, iyanya, lynxx, weird mc, vector, sexy-steel, tunde-ednut and genevieve nnaji among others. I also met with akon at ice-prince's birthday party last year. I like giving credit so as to encourage. Among all the celebrities have been with, skales who happens to be a good friend of mine is cool, down to earth,oh ice-prince, icep is cooler, down to earth too, olamide too is cool, fun to be with while capital femi(kennis music) is all of the above. Kind, humble and everything nice am giving him that credit. Yes!

No comments: